There is nothing more satisfying during a home cooked meal than a slice of freshly baked bread served piping hot straight from the oven, topped with a slab of real butter.
One of my families favorite savory breads to make is Garlic Parmesan Cheese Monkey Bread. It smells amazing while it is baking, filling your home with the savory aromas of fresh garlic and Italian seasonings. And it tastes just as amazing as it smells!
I make all my bread doughs in my bread maker (which I happen to think is the best invention for the kitchen ever) because kneading dough is not one of my favorite things to do. I hate to get my hands icky and well, it just takes forever and makes a huge mess to clean up afterwards.
Ever since I bought my first bread maker over 20 years ago, we have eaten way less store bought breads that are filled with salt, preservatives and other unknown ingredients in favor of homemade breads.
I make this bread at least once a week for my family. My teenage son could live on this stuff alone if I let him, it is that good!
Garlic Parmesan Cheese Monkey Bread Is “Da Bomb” According To My Kids!
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Place all the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine. Choose the dough setting and push start or set the timer if you want to prep this ahead of time.
After the dough has finished rising in your bread maker, melt the butter and spices in a bowl and stir until combined.
Punch down the dough to release the air bubbles. Cut the dough into 2″ chunks and add to the bowl of melted butter.
Add the parmesan cheese and gentle toss until all the pieces are coated.
Spray the inside of a bundt cake pan with cooking spray. Pour in the coated dough pieces and spread evenly around the pan. Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place for another 45 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops and sides are a golden brown.
Tip it out onto a plate.
And turn it over and pull it apart to eat. Dig in while this crazy delicious garlic parmesan cheese monkey bread is still hot!
There is no need to fight over the crusty ends of the bread because every single piece has a crispy edge and is coated with the yummy goodness of parmesan cheese, garlic, spices and butter.
Here is the recipe for my Garlic Parmesan Cheese Monkey Bread so you can make it at home in your bread machine too! Enjoy!
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed,2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Pour the lukewarm water to the pan and add the flour, sugar and salt.
- Place the butter along the sides of the pan.
- make a well in the center of the flour and add the yeast.
- Add fresh garlic.
- Close the lid and program the bread maker on the dough setting. The time it takes to make the dough will be different for each bread maker, but you should allow 75 to 90 minutes.
- When it has finished the first rise, remove the dough from the pan and punch down.
- Place the butter, Italian seasoning and crushed garlic in a glass bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds until the butter is melted.
- Cut the dough into 2" pieces and place in the bowl with the melted butter. Add the parmesan cheese and gently toss until each piece is covered.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add the pieces of cut up dough to the pan, spreading them out evenly.
- Cover the pan with a clean towel and let the dough rise for another 45 minutes in a warm, draft free place.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top and sides are golden brown.
- Turn out the hot bread onto a plate.
- There is no need to slice this bread. Just pull it apart and eat!
Connect With Me On…
This recipe was featured on Real Housemoms.