Are you looking for a yummy, homemade strawberry frosting recipe that is easy to make and tastes amazing? Look no further! I am going to teach you how to make strawberry frosting from scratch that is perfect for icing cupcakes, cakes and cookies. This strawberry frosting tastes great paired with vanilla and chocolate flavors as well as other fruity desserts.
How To Make Strawberry Frosting
First, you need to make a batch of strawberry sauce. Get the recipe and instructions for making homemade strawberry sauce here or you can substitute with strawberry jam if you don’t have all the ingredients on hand. Allow the strawberry sauce to cool completely before making the frosting.
Place butter in a bowl and allow to soften to room temperature. Once the butter is softened, beat on high with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for 1 minute, until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup of icing sugar and 1 tablespoons of strawberry syrup and beat.
Repeat by adding 1 more cup of icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of strawberry sauce and continue beating. Add remainder of icing sugar, strawberry sauce and strawberry flavoring. Beat until smooth. Add an extra 1/2 cup icing sugar if you find the frosting is too runny.
Store the strawberry frosting covered in an air tight container in the refrigerator up to one week. Use it to frost cupcakes or a cake or even as a filling between cookies. Yummy!
Save And Print Homemade Strawberry Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons strawberry sauce or jam
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavoring
- Place butter in a bowl and allow to soften to room temperature.
- Make a batch of homemade strawberry sauce and allow to cool completely before using.
- If you opt to use strawberry jam instead, thin the jam a little bit with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Beat the softened butter on high using an hand held electric mixer or stand mixer until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of strawberry sauce to the bowl of butter and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add another cup of icing sugar and 2 more tablespoons of strawberry sauce and continue beating.
- Add the remainder of the icing sugar and strawberry sauce plus the strawberry extract flavoring and beat for another minute.
- If you find the frosting is a little too runny, add up to an extra 1/2 cup of icing sugar as needed.
- Store the strawberry frosting in the fridge for up to one week.
I made a bowl of this yummy homemade strawberry frosting to use with a batch of decadent Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes. They were insanely delicious!
Did you find this article on how to make strawberry frosting helpful? What is your favorite way eat strawberry frosting? On a cupcake? On a cake? Smooshed between two cookies? Or by the spoonful? I love finding any excuse to eat strawberry frosting!
If you liked this homemade strawberry frosting recipe, you may like these strawberry recipes too!