glitternspice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Jump to recipe(Last Updated On: June 28, 2018)
A super, healthy Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipe packed with a bounty of nature’s most powerful healing foods. This supercharged anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe contains a combination of immune boosting and anti-inflammatory foods including oranges, lemons, pineapple, garlic, ginger, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, honey and cayenne pepper.
Eating these foods on a regular basis will not only help keep your immune system strong and healthy, but will help kick everyday colds and viruses to the curb if you are unlucky enough to come down with a case of the sniffles.
I know, it sounds a little unappetizing and I bet you are probably thinking there is no way you would drink that, but surprisingly, it actually tastes pretty good. The flavors blend harmoniously together and balance each other out.
Toss all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. If you are not a pulp person, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer before drinking. Because I use garlic and ginger everyday in my smoothies and I am not very fond of the tiny little chunks left behind, I like to make a big batch of garlic juice and ginger juice every month ahead of time and freeze it. In the morning, I just pop a frozen cube of each into the blender along with the other ingredients.
Save And Print Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipe
It has been many years since I have had a cold or virus bug, despite being continuously exposed to my germy kids and their ‘snotty’ friends. I wholeheartedly believe that eating these foods has kept my body and immune system strong, healthy and energized.
Both my kids became ill with the flu and a nasty head cold this winter, but I didn’t worry about myself becoming sick as I cared for my runny-nosed and coughing kids, because I swear, I have garlic and ginger coursing through my veins instead of blood. In addition to not having to worry about getting sick from common colds and such, I don’t have to worry about vampires either!
Turn This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Into Immune Boosting Popsicles For Picky Kids (And Adults Too)!
Pour the smoothie mixture into a popsicle mold to make healthy, immune boosting popsicles. These are great for picky kids and adults! Keep a couple in the freezer to give to your loved ones when they are fighting a cold or the flu. With the Zoku Quick Pop Maker, you can always have homemade popsicles ready when you need them. They only take 10 minutes to freeze. That is faster than bundling up sick kids and making a trip to the grocery store.
A Few Of The Health Benefits Of The Ingredients Found In This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipe
- Garlic is one of nature’s most powerful anti-bacterial foods that helps to strengthen your immune system and combat infections. Include raw and cooked garlic in your cooking every day. Ginger root is another natural anti-viral super food that should be included in diet everyday which helps to prevent and fight off colds and common viruses. It reduces inflammation, lowers fevers, provides mild pain relief and fights off infections.
- Lemon juice is acidic which helps to alkalize your body, making your body less hospitable to viruses and infections. Lemon juice also soothes a sore throat and reduces phlegm. Oranges are loaded with vitamin C and anti-oxidants which help prevent illnesses including cancer.
- Honey, nature’s natural sweetener, coats the throat and helps reduce mucus.
- Coconut oil has a ton of health benefits, so I like to add a couple of spoonfuls for a little extra healthy fat and calories, which is especially important if you are not eating or retaining much solid food.
- Turmeric, rich in manganese and potassium, is a powerful spice that has been used to fight off cold and flues for centuries and is known to soothe the digestive system, which is helpful if you are experiencing nausea or vomiting. It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory herb that is used in the treatment of arthritis, fibromyalgia and mild pain.
- Cayenne pepper helps to keep the sinuses clear and is good for your metabolism.
All in all, this anti-inflammatory smoothie contains a powerful combination of immune boosting foods that help to prevent common illnesses and work together to keep your body strong and healthy.
Did you enjoy this anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe? Do you consume any of these immune boosting foods on a daily basis?