Cool off this summer with luscious Blackberry Creamsicles. These tasty and healthy fruit popsicles are made with fresh blackberries and filled with a creamy vanilla center.
Blackberries contain hard little seeds that are difficult for some people to chew. Personally, I do not like the seeds, so I tend to pass these berries by in the grocery store. Not wanting to miss out on all the awesome benefits of this nutrient-packed berry, I starting juicing them to add to smoothies and popsicles, like these Blackberry Creamsicles. Another favorite popsicle recipe of mine using fresh blackberry juice are 100% all fruit Blackberry Mango Popsicles.
The best time to buy fresh blackberries is when they are at their peak tastiness in late summer and early fall. If blackberries are not in season or they are just way too expensive, frozen blackberries work just as great for making homemade juice.
I use a juicer to extract the juice, but you could also mash them and press the berries through a metal strainer lined with a cheesecloth.
There are two ways you can prepare these popsicles:
- If you own a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, you can make them like the picture above, with an outer core of blackberry juice and an inner core of vanilla milk ice.
- If you are using a slow freeze popsicle mold, mix all the ingredients together to make creamy popsicles.
How To Make Blackberry Creamsicles
- 3/4 cups blackberry juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Juice or mash and strain the blackberries. It takes about 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries to make 3/4 cups of juice.
- For slow freeze molds, mix all the ingredients together in a large measuring cup. Pour into the molds and allow to freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- For Zoku Quick Pop Makers, fill the wells with blackberry juice to the fill line. Allow to freeze for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, until you see the outer edge begin to form. The longer you leave the juice, the thicker it will be. Use the siphon tool and suction out the unfrozen juice. Mix the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a measuring cup. Fill the popsicles with the vanilla milk mixture. Allow to freeze for 7 to 9 minutes.
Blackberry Creamsicles are the perfect sweet and tart snack to nosh on during the summer. The tartness of the berry is balanced by the sweetness of the vanilla ice milk. So yummy and refreshing! What is your favorite popsicle or frozen treat to snack on during the summer months?
The Zoku Products I Used To Make Blackberry Creamsicles
Connect With Me On…