Enjoy summer’s bounty of fresh berries and make some berrylicious Bumbleberry Pomegranate Smoothies! They are super yummy. A little bit bit sweet, a little bit tart, bursting with all kinds of healthy goodness.
Just toss a handful of mixed berries, a squirt of honey and some pomegranate juice into the blender for a quick and delicious breakfast or snack on the go.
Smoothies are an awesome way to get your daily fruits and veggies, especially for kids who are picky or light eaters. We eat a raw foods diet about 80% of the time which includes a lot of smoothies and fresh juice, so it is important to me to create tasty and healthy drinks the kids (and me) won’t get bored with or turn their nose up at.
We used Pom Pomegranate Juice, the one with the heart and funky shaped bottles, in our bumbleberry pomegranate smoothies. I love the packaging almost as much as I love the juice!
Pomegranate juice is a powerful antioxidant fruit that is very rich in phytochemicals, flavonoids and polyphenols, offering a high level of protection against cancer and heart disease when consumed regularly. So, drink up. It is good for you!
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen huckleberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- * Optional: 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree.
- Pour into two tall glasses and enjoy!
* For convenience, I use frozen berries that I stockpile when they are in season. If you are using fresh berries and like your smoothies icy, add a handful of ice cubes to the blender.