Game Day Snack Ideas: Football Deviled Eggs Recipe
Are you looking for delicious game day snack ideas? Football deviled eggs are the perfect appetizers for game days. They look like mini footballs and taste just like the classic deviled eggs recipe that is always a hit with everyone at football watching parties.
It is super simple to turn deviled eggs into delicious mini footballs that almost look too cute to eat. Boil a dozen eggs, mix in some mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to the yolks, and scoop back into the egg white halves. Garnish the tops with thin slices of green onion to resemble the stitching of a football.
This recipe makes 24 football deviled eggs, enough to feed a dozen hungry fans allowing for two apiece. You can half or double the recipe as needed.
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 green onions
- Place one dozen eggs into a large pot and cover with one inch of cold water.
- Turn the stove onto high and bring the water and eggs to a gentle boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the eggs with a lid, leaving the pot on the burner.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Larger eggs will take a little bit longer and vice versa.
- Drain the water and immediately place the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel the shells from the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks into a small bowl. Mash them lightly with a fork.
- Cool for another 15 minutes, giving them the occasional stir to speed up the release of heat.
- Add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt and pepper to the yolks and mix until most of the lumps are gone.
- Scoop the mixture back into the egg whites.
- Slice the green onions into slivers lengthwise.
- Cut the onion slivers to fit the size of your eggs. You will need one long and three short pieces of green onion per egg half.
- Arrange the green onions on top of the eggs as pictured in the image above.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
These football deviled eggs make an appearance at all game day parties at my house. I will be making a double or triple batch for enjoying during the 2018 FIFA World Cup, along with a whole bunch more yummy snacks including mini football baked potatoes, loaded beef nachos, and football popsicles. I think the game day party food is the best part of football season!
Serve the deviled eggs on a football platter for the win! The plastic football tray is perfect for passing the eggs around the party, so you don’t have to miss a second of the game. I love the deep football stadium platter! It is the ultimate serving tray for dishing up a variety of game day snacks in the same dish.
What is your favorite game day snack or appetizer? Are you hosting any 2018 World Cup watching parties? Who are you cheering for?