This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here
glitternspice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Jump to recipe(Last Updated On: June 28, 2018)
Football Party Snack Ideas: Football Popsicles
Looking for some fun football party snack ideas? Score a touchdown with your party guests when you serve up these tasty Football Popsicles during your next game day get together! Make the football popsicles ahead of time or set up a popsicle station and let everyone make their own during halftime.
We used the Zoku Quick Pop Maker and Zoku Chocolate Station to make these yummy football treats. Everyone had fun getting in on the action of filling the pop maker with the chocolate milk mixture and watching the popsicles freeze right before their eyes. When the popsicles were done freezing, everyone got to dip them in a chocolate magic shell coating and then draw on the lines of a football with a tube of white decorating gel. So much fun!
It only takes 10 minutes for the football popsicles to freeze solid in the Zoku Quick Pop Maker. The unit makes 3 popsicles at a time and can make up to 9 popsicles before it needs to be refrozen. The unit requires no electricity – just store the unit in the freezer and pull it out when you are ready to use it and fill with your favorite popsicle mixtures.
For the base of these football popsicles, we used a chocolate milk mixture before dipping into a milk chocolate magic shell coating. You can get creative by experimenting with using your favorite popsicle mixtures and/or yummy add-ins for the base instead of chocolate milk. I think it would be really fun to offer base fillings to your party guests to match the rivalry teams’ colors to encourage a little friendly competition.
Milk Chocolate Base:
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
Magic Shell Coating:
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tube white decorating gel
- Microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe measuring cup in 30 second increments until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the milk into a blender. Add the melted chocolate chips or chocolate syrup and blend on high until combined. You need to work quickly so the chocolate does not re-harden.
- Remove the frozen Zoku Quick Pop Maker from your freezer and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Pour the chocolate milk mixture into the wells until you reach the fill line.
- Allow each batch of popsicles to freeze for 10 minutes.
- Using the Zoku Super Tool, release the popsicles from the mold.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- While you are waiting for the popsicles to freeze, make the chocolate magic shell coating.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil into a glass measuring cup or bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture into the Zoku Chocolate Station.
- Dip the frozen chocolate popsicles into the melted magic shell chocolate coating one at a time. The chocolate will harden almost immediately.
- With a tube of white decorating gel, draw one long line down the middle and three lines across the popsicles to resemble the lines of a football.
- Place the popsicles in a Zoku Storage Case and store in the freezer or eat them right away. Enjoy!
© 2022 2015 Copyright www.glitternspice.com
Equipment Used To Make These Football Popsicles
Zoku Quick Pop MakerZoku Chocolate StationZoku Storage Case
More Football Party Snack Ideas You May Like:
Easy Beef NachosFootball Baked PotatoesFootball Shaped Deviled Eggs