glitternspice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
It is so easy to make delicious homemade strawberry sauce and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Learn how to make strawberry sauce from scratch using only two ingredients; strawberries and sugar. Keep a jar in the refrigerator to always have a delicious fruit sauce on hand when you are wanting something sweet. Strawberry sauce tastes delicious drizzled over ice cream, brownies and pancakes, stirred into milk and yogurt or mixed into homemade frosting.
Once you learn how much easier and healthier it is to make homemade strawberry sauce, you will never want to buy the store bought kind again. Buy strawberries when they are in season for maximum flavor, nutrition and value. Buy lots and freeze them so you can enjoy them all year long. With this strawberry sauce recipe, you can use either fresh or frozen strawberries.
How To Make Strawberry Sauce
- Wash 3 cups of fresh strawberries and cut the greens off.
- Place the strawberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat over medium high heat until the water begins to boil. Turn the temperature down to medium low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the strawberries into a blender and puree for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Be careful removing the lid because the steam will be hot.
- Press the pureed strawberries through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. If you have a Vitamix or other high powered blender, you can skip this step because there will be no seeds left to strain. Or, you can keep the seeds if you don’t mind them. They will be chopped very fine.
- Pour into a jar and allow to cool completely. The mixture will thicken a bit after it cools. Store the strawberry sauce in the refrigerator up to one week.
How To Make Strawberry Sauce With Frozen Strawberries: Substitute with 3 cups frozen strawberries and omit the water, otherwise it will be too watery.
How To Make Sugar-Free Strawberry Sauce: For a healthier, lightened up version, omit the sugar and substitute with 1/2 cup of Splenda.
Save And Print Strawberry Sauce Recipe
If you liked this recipe, you might like my Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles recipe too. Yum!
Did you find this post on how to make strawberry sauce helpful? What are your favorite foods to eat with fruit sauces?
Connect With Me On…
I shared this post with Top Notch Mom