Get Your Caffeine Fix In The Summer With Boozy Irish Cream Frappuccino Popsicles
Popsicles are not just for kids! Cool off this summer with these boozy Irish Cream Frappuccino Popsicles specially made just for the grown-ups. During the dog days of summer, when it is much too hot to drink regular coffee, get your caffeine fix from drinking iced coffees and eating iced coffee popsicles.
On weekends and holidays, I like to treat myself and add a splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur.
My motto is “if it tastes good as a drink, it will taste great as a popsicle” and these irish cream frappuccino popsicles do not disappoint.
Use a dark roasted irish cream coffee for extra rich and full-bodied flavor. You can also use regular coffee and make your own minty flavor by adding a sprig of fresh mint into the grounds before brewing.
As tempting as it may be, don’t add more than 2 tablespoons of liqueur to each batch of ice pops because they will not freeze properly. This is especially important if you are using a Zoku! To make a non-alcoholic version of these popsicles, substitute the liqueur with Bailey’s Irish Cream coffee creamer instead.
If you are allergic to dairy or follow a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, substitute the milk with almond, soy or rice milk. They even have dairy-free Baileys Almande made with almond milk for vegans!
These boozy popsicles are a fun and unexpected dessert to serve guests. Instead of an after-dinner coffee, offer a light and creamy iced coffee popsicle made with just three simple ingredients – brewed coffee, milk and Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur. Four ingredients if you like to sweeten your drinks with a little sugar!
I made these popsicles in our Zoku Quick Pop Maker which I absolutely love. It freezes ice pops in under 10 minutes, making this the perfect kitchen gadget to have on hand when you need a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 cup Irish Cream flavored coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- Sugar or sweetener to taste
- Brew a pot of extra strong Irish Cream flavored coffee.If you don't have flavored coffee, you can add 3 or 4 fresh mint leaves to the coffee grounds before brewing. Pour into a mason jar and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir in the milk and liqueur. To make non-alcoholic popsicles , replace the liqueur with Bailey's Irish Cream coffee cream.
- Add sugar or sweetener to your taste.
- Pour into the Zoku Quick Pop Maker and freeze for 10 minutes.
You can make these using traditional slow freeze popsicle molds too! Allow to freeze 4 to 6 hours before serving.
More boozy recipes you may like:
Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Irish Cream frappuccino popsicles!!
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT FOR LATER!